Municipal Research Analyst - Legal Specialist
Allspring Global Investments™ is a leading independent asset management firm that offers a broad range of investment products and solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals. At Allspring, our vision is to inspire a new era of investing that pursues both financial returns and positive outcomes. With decades of trusted experience propelling us forward, we strive to build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes for our clients. We do this through the independence of thought that powers our investment strategies and by bringing a renewed approach to look around the corner to unlock what’s possible. Allspring is a global company committed to thoughtful investing, purposeful planning, and the desire to deliver outcomes that expand above and beyond financial gains.
At Allspring, we leverage the diversity of people, ideas, and skills to help our clients pursue their financial goals. Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business is vital to our success. We drive creativity and innovation by bringing together multiple perspectives – diversity and inclusion are key to understanding our clients more fully and seeing business opportunities in new ways. Making differences, our difference.
For more information, please visit www.allspringglobal.com.
Allspring Global Investment is seeking a Municipal Research Analyst/Legal Specialist to join the successful and growing Municipal Bond portfolio management team. The Municipal Bond team manages over $40B tax-exempt fixed income assets in various short and long-term duration separate accounts and mutual funds. Investments are made in both investment grade and non-investment grade securities.
- Conduct primary and secondary market municipal credit research utilizing fundamental credit analysis.
- Surveillance of existing security holdings.
- Daily discussions with portfolio managers regarding the purchase and sale of securities, with an emphasis on the underlying credit fundamentals of issuers.
- Documentation of credit recommendations and rating changes by the major credit rating agencies.
- Analysis of assigned sectors and monitoring of general credit trends in the municipal bond market
- Identification of relative value opportunities amongst credits and sectors.
- Advise team on legal structure of transactions including lien/collateral position and rights & remedies analysis.
- Advise team on corporate actions involving consent/waiver requests to modify muni documentation.
- Advise team on defaults, workouts, and restructurings of muni l holdings.
- Advise team on trading restrictions and reviewing confidentiality/non-discourse agreements.
- Advise team on investor letters and forward delivery agreements.
- Advise team on bankruptcy matters when needed.
- Advise team on private placements of municipal transactions.
- Update team on municipal legal and regulatory matters involving SEC, EMMA, NABL, IRS, MSRB, etc.
- 5+ years of investment research and/or public finance/commercial lending legal experience.
- Active J.D. license.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business, finance, or economics.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg and Perform/Creditscope platforms.
- 5+ years' experience at a buy-side firm, rating agency, bond insurer, or law firm.
- Broad knowledge of General Obligation and Revenue Bonds.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player with ability to support team in achieving group goals.
- Ability to work as part of a highly dynamic and interdependent team.
- Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage.
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact confidently and professionally with municipal market participants.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
This opportunity is closed to applications.